I like taking care of my health, but sometimes when there’s a party I try to make some pretty tasty treats, and there was a party to be had so I absolutely had to make this fair favourite!
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1/4 cup milk ( I used buttermilk)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 12 oreos
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- enough oil to fill your pan with at least two inches of oil ( I used canola but vegetable would work just as well)
Let’s Get Cooking
- Pour your oil into your pan and set to medium heat.
- Mix together your 2 tsp oil, egg, milk and pancake mix together.
- Set out a plate with paper towel on it very near where the oreos are going to fry as oil will drip as you remove them.
- Once your oil has reached a frying temperature (if you don’t have a thermometer like myself, drop a small amount of your batter into the oil, if it immediately starts bubbling and starts browning, your oil is hot enough) start coating your oreos in batter and gently dropping them into the oil.
- In 30 – 60 seconds you will need to flip your oreos, you will know when they are golden.
- Remove from the pan, let rest on paper towel for a moment, then coat with powered sugar. Eat while warm.