Every time I make these cookies they disappear before my eyes. A simple, enjoyable treat that goes over well at parties. Unfortunately this means people will try to steal cookies before they even hit the table, you’ve been warned.
The best thing about sugar cookies is that they can be customized to any occasion. You can cut them into any shape and colour your glaze and sprinkles! Above is our New Years Eve cookies, so I didn’t colour the glaze because I wanted the gold sprinkles to steal the show.
Ingredients (Dough) :
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup white flour
Ingredients (Glaze) :
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar (depending on thickness you want)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Any sprinkles you want!
- Mix wet ingredients then add sugar. Mix until no large clumps of butter remain. Mix in dry ingredients. Finish by hand to completely mix in flour.
- Roll out dough on a very liberally floured surface to a 1/4 inch. Punch out your cookies. Don’t worry about introducing more flour as you re-role your dough out, it won’t change the flavour or texture if there is a little more flour. ** Alternatively you can make small balls and press them down for rough circular cookies.
- Set your oven rack to the centre of the oven. Pre-heat to 350 degrees.
- Set cookies a minimum of 1/2 inch apart on the sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Let cookies cool completely before glazing.
- Apply a thin layer of glaze (I used the back of a spoon to avoid glaze running down off the cookies).
- Shake on your sprinkles and let dry before stacking for display.
Other Recipes You May Like:
If you loved this recipe let me know in the comments! No need to put in your email, just let me know how you customized your cookies!